Reflection 19: Sometimes the City is hard-hearted

 I am embarrassed to say that sometimes this City is hard-hearted; no, cruel and hard-hearted. This is one of those times. I mean, not the City, that is not specific enough. What I am referring to is the Parking Authority that reports to the City. I really think they are are callous to charge for parking adjacent to the hospital. I mean, come on! Don't you think that sickness especially life-threatening illness is enough to worry about without having to find the change for a parking meter? I do.

 When you wait in a clinic to see a member of your the health care team, you cannot help but notice a coin jar sitting in the receptionist counter. Many have a sign "For parking. Help yourself." When I first noticed one, I was curious and then angery! How dare they do that. They are kicking citizens and squeezing their wallet when they are down. What compassion!

 I refuse to pay those highway robbers. I take the bus. It is inconvenient and takes a lot longer but I refuse to pay their heartless levy! Certainly it is not an option for everyone. But it is for many. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection 7: Whose body is it anyway?

Reflection 29: Sarah

5. Empathy is Key