Reflection 2: The innocent itch

A bacterial infection?

         Yes, I remember it well. While watching television shortly after supper, I recall an


itch on the upper part of my right ear. Following my scratching, two things


happened: 1) the itch went away; and 2) a sore appeared on the surface of the


skin. No big deal, I thought, it must be a bacterial infection.

         The next day it was still there...bigger.

         After about a week, it caused me enough concern to cause me to seek medical advice at


the local walk-in clinic.

            "How long have you had it? The duty MD asked.

            "About a week," I responded.

            "You should have come in sooner!"

            "But it has only been as short time. It grew so fast!"

             I concluded that perhaps the attending physician slept through the lecture on bedside manners. Or, perhaps he was simply having a bad morning.

            I was hustled off to my skin doctor.

            A biopsy was taken straight away. 

Sun Wukong
E-mail: Sunwukong1592@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection 7: Whose body is it anyway?

7. Two Kingdoms

Reflection 29: Sarah