Reflection 12: Part 1 -- Twin from another dimension 

 "It is again a strong proof of men knowing most things before birth, that when mere children they grasp innumerable facts with such speed as to show that they are not then taking in for the first time, but remembering and recalling them."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

***

2 June at ?? p.m. Recovery Room 

A loud female voice pierced the anesthetic fog, "Sun...SUN, are you awake? It is time for you to join us again. You have been sleeping long enough! I gave you an extra 10 minutes."

Mumble...mumble...mutter.

"Are you awake? Tell me your name!"

"Wukong."

 "Wukong?"

"Yes, you keep calling me Sun. But Sun is my family name. My given name is Wukong. Chinese tradition is to put the family name first out of respect for ancestors."

"Thank you for the clarification. Are you awake Wukong?"

"I am now."

"Thank you."

With that I was again allowed the comfort of sleep.

Perhaps it was the anesthetic fog that still had control of my faculties, I don't know. Whatever it was I began to clearly dream of a lecture I attended at my first university so many years ago. It was a first year science lecture given by a guest speaker on reincarnation; being born again, but not necessarily in this dimension. 

The lecturer began, "Have you ever seen someone and had the strangest feeling that you have met that person before? You have no idea where or when, but the feeling is strong enough to make you think about it. Have you ever caught yourself playing out past events in your mind trying to place the meeting, but were unable to? I have.

"Have you ever actually made it a point to talk to that person to try to find out if the feeling is mutual; where you met and under what circumstances? Have you ever actually made a point to be a friend with that individual and through the developing friendship you share so many likes and dislikes that it is just uncanny? I have. 

"What is happening here is open to conjecture. The following is mine."

With that introduction, I took out my notebook. Others did the same. 

"To state the obvious, Everyman or an ordinary individual is subject to the laws of our universe. All of us obey the scientific laws: Thermodynamics, Matter and Conservation of Mass."

There is a quiet stirring coming from the audience. 

"Humour me on this one if you please. Allow me to explain. Let's look at them in turn.

"The first is the First Law of Thermodynamics. It states that: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change forms. In any process, the total energy of the universe remains the same (Rudolf Clausius and William Thomson (Kelvin) around 1850)."

Many in the lecture hall are busy writing.

"Matter is my next point. A definition of "matter" based on its physical and chemical structure is: matter is made up of atoms. Such atomic matter is also sometimes termed ordinary matter. As an example, deoxyribonucleic acid molecules (best known as DNA), are matter under this definition because they are made of atoms. This definition can extend to include charged atoms and molecules, so as to include plasmas (gases of ions) and electrolytes (ionic solutions), which are not obviously included in the atoms definition (Wikipedia). As every crime show TV follower knows, people are comprised of their own unique DNA. 

"The last point scientific point I want to point out to you is the Law of Conservation of Mass. This scientific law was discovered by Antoine Lavoisier in 1785. Lavoisier states: 'Matter is neither created nor destroyed. ... the total amount of Mass and Energy in the universe is constant' (Wikipedia).

"Phew! Can all of this be made clearer? I believe it can. My understanding is reduced to five points.

  1. Atoms are the source of everything.
  2. DNA is made up of atoms.
  3. Matter / Mass is made up of DNA.
  4. Energy cannot be created or destroyed.
  5. The total energy in the universe remains constant.

"That is the sum total of Everyman: atoms, DNA, ordinary matter / mass and energy. 

"If Ordinary Matter (DNA) lives in this dimension, (the here and now) then it lived in past and will in future dimensions. Along with Energy, it cannot be created or destroyed. It cannot be destroyed. Matter goes on past what we refer to as death. The state of death only comes to the shell we currently are housed in. Our essence is reincarnated.

"If you are still with me, then the Law of Probably suggests that the odds are in our favour that we will meet a twin (in character and behaviour) in this dimension who arrived from another and will move again, as we will. My twin and I met. Like Everyman, we are from another dimension. 

"Certainly, this is conjecture. No question. But it is scientific conjecture. It is my best scientific proof or explanation to date as to why that stranger who just entered the room seems so familiar. You both might just be reincarnations.

"Thank you very much. You have been a focused audience and I appreciate your interest."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection 7: Whose body is it anyway?

7. Two Kingdoms

Reflection 29: Sarah