Reflection 7: Whose body is it anyway?

WHOSE BODY IS IT ANYWAY?

How dare you!

How dare you invade my space

Unbeknown to me you sneak in 

Like a coward

Destroying my healthy cells

Destroying my healthy cells.


Day after day

Night after night

You go about your sinister work

While unknown to me

I go about my ordinary business

Of living

Of living.


While you are not going to get away with it.

You, you only have the code to destroy

But I have the smarts in this conflict

I am in control

I am in control.


You might think that you have the upper hand; so

Bring on the bad days

Bring on the doubt and anxiety

Bring on the depression

Bring on the uncertainty 

Use all of the tactics and strategies that you can muster

It matters not

For you are not going to win

For you are not going to win.


I have made a conscious decision

Whose body is it anyway?

Mine...and I have decided

That I will win

That I will win!


Comments

  1. The power of positive thinking prevails. The brain is a powerful organ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7. Two Kingdoms

Reflection 29: Sarah