Reflection 28: The Letter

Sarah:

 I hope that you are receiving this transmission, my lovely daughter, for the weather in this dimension is playing havoc with many of my thought transfers. I feel that too many have not gotten through. The latest barrier has been Hurricane Irma that made a shambles of Puerto Rico and Florida. You may be aware of it. There has been three or four others in that area lately. Trying to communicate between dimensions can be challenging, to say the least.  

 Something has been happening to me and I want to share it with you. For the last couple of weeks now, I have been feeling as if I have a new lease on life. I know that sounds silly. But it is true! I am not making it up. I feel closer to you. I feel closer to most people. I feel a renewal. I feel as if I am looking through fresh eyes. It is almost a feeling of joy to be alive.

 It is quite amazing. I have never felt this way before in my entire life. Everything is new and fresh and I want to give everyone a hug and say, "Enjoy the day. You are alive!"

 Last Thursday, on my way to the college, I saw a dishevelled panhandler on the street at Fort and Portage. I stopped because I noticed three Canadian Armed Forces metals pinned in a haphazard manner to his filthy jacket. We chatted for awhile. I asked him if he would like breakfast. He accepted. Since the restaurant was a couple of steps down the street, we walked a little. 

 Over breakfast he talked about his experiences in Afghanistan. I talked of Vietnam. Canada served in both wars; 50 + years apart. How could a Canadian veteran from the Afghanistan war end up on the street as a pan handler? I wondered. After finishing both his meal and some of his life in the Canadian Army, this individual couldn't thank me enough as we shook hands. 

 We parted and I made my way to the college. You know Sarah, I didn't even ask him his name. Nor did he ask for mine. There didn't seem to be a need to. We were two people in this dimension whose paths met that morning and we shared each other's company and stories from a common arena, the army. It was a very human experience.  

 I feel so close to life. So close to people. So close to my students. A new set of 22 students are awaiting my arrival; nurse's aides. So I better pick up my pace a little. Can you understand what I am trying to say, Sarah? Please send me a transmission. 

 Life is such a gift.

Dad 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5. Empathy is Key

Reflection 29: Sarah

7. Two Kingdoms