Reflection 30: Something to sing about!

 On average, 565 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer every day. On average, 221 Canadians will die from cancer every day.* I prefer to say that 344 survive every day! The silent majority. 

 I am one of the silent majority. A new friend of mine feels the same way. "I am experiencing so many emotions post-surgery and post treatment." A fellow survivor who became a dear friend of mine whom I met during Radiation Treatment shares her thoughts on "The silent majority." With her blessing, they are incorporated into Reflection 30

 Following my diagnosis, I decided to fight. My weapons of choice are family, friends, knowledge and modern Eastern and Western medicine. My entire blog is part of my therapy. 

 "Our bodies have been assaulted by cancer and it will take time to readjust to Life after Cancer. My main focus is on being health mentally and physically, in that order," writes my new friend. 

 She continues: 

  "I feel relief, happiness, luck, blessed and then moments of fear, sadness and emotional exhaustion. I believe all my emotions are trying to find their balance.

  "Redefining Life's Purpose is a necessity and perhaps a positive result of our Cancer Journey."

 My new friend and I share many of the same emotions. It is often said that there is strength in numbers. I believe that. I believe that many of "the silent majority" are also "redefining Life's Purpose" and are going through a similar Cancer Journey. Each step of the way we are defining and redefining Life's Purpose. We are on a Journey of Rediscovering Self. I feel them beside me. I feel them all around me. I am not alone on this journey. None of us on the journey are alone. We simply need to welcome others along the way.

 Now that is something to sing about!


* Reference: Cancer statistics at a glance - Canadian Cancer Society

www.cancer.ca › cancer-information › ca...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5. Empathy is Key

Reflection 29: Sarah

7. Two Kingdoms